What do Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program do?
Plan, direct, or coordinate the academic and nonacademic activities of preschool and childcare centers or programs.
- Monitor students' progress, and provide students and teachers with assistance in resolving any problems.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities and policies, and students' behavioral or learning problems.
- Set educational standards and goals, and help establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
- Plan, direct, and monitor instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
- Direct and coordinate activities of teachers or administrators at daycare centers, schools, public agencies, or institutions.
- Prepare and maintain attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or direct preparation and maintenance activities.
- Recruit, hire, train, and evaluate primary and supplemental staff, and recommend personnel actions for programs and services.
- Teach classes or courses, or provide direct care to children.
- Determine allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment, and authorize purchases.
- Determine the scope of educational program offerings, and prepare drafts of program schedules and descriptions, to estimate staffing and facility requirements.
- Review and evaluate new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with state, local, and federal regulations, and recommend any necessary modifications.
- Review and interpret government codes, and develop procedures to meet codes and to ensure facility safety, security, and maintenance.
- Prepare and submit budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
- Collect and analyze survey data, regulatory information, and demographic and employment trends, to forecast enrollment patterns and the need for curriculum changes.
- Write articles, manuals, and other publications, and assist in the distribution of promotional literature about programs and facilities.
- Inform businesses, community groups, and governmental agencies about educational needs, available programs, and program policies.
- Organize and direct committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for programs.
Related Jobs (Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program)