What do Directors, Religious Activities and Education do?
Plan, direct, or coordinate programs designed to promote the religious education or activities of a denominational group. May provide counseling and guidance relative to marital, health, financial, and religious problems.
- Identify and recruit potential volunteer workers.
- Train and supervise religious education instructional staff.
- Develop or direct study courses or religious education programs within congregations.
- Select appropriate curricula or class structures for educational programs.
- Implement program plans by ordering needed materials, scheduling speakers, reserving space, or handling other administrative details.
- Counsel individuals regarding interpersonal, health, financial, or religious problems.
- Analyze member participation or changes in congregational emphasis to determine needs for religious education.
- Collaborate with other ministry members to establish goals and objectives for religious education programs or to develop ways to encourage program participation.
- Schedule special events such as camps, conferences, meetings, seminars, or retreats.
- Confer with clergy members, congregational officials, or congregational organizations to encourage support of or participation in religious education activities.
- Publicize programs through sources such as newsletters, bulletins, or mailings.
- Analyze revenue and program cost data to determine budget priorities.
- Attend workshops, seminars, or conferences to obtain program ideas, information, or resources.
- Locate and distribute resources, such as periodicals or curricula, to enhance the effectiveness of educational programs.
- Participate in denominational activities aimed at goals such as promoting interfaith understanding or providing aid to new or small congregations.
- Plan or conduct conferences dealing with the interpretation of religious ideas or convictions.
- Visit congregational members' homes or arrange for pastoral visits to provide information or resources regarding religious education programs.
- Interpret religious education activities to the public through speaking, leading discussions, or writing articles for local or national publications.
Related Jobs (Directors, Religious Activities and Education)